I love Lucas!
So recently I bought myself Easy by Tammara Webber. I’d been hearing a lot of great things about it, so I figured “what the hey” I might as well.
Let me tell you, I loved Easy.
Don’t get me wrong, I like the protagonist Jackie because she’s smart, strong, and a good person. Sure she falls head over heels for some rich douche bag and then loses her shit when he breaks up with her, but hey, she’s human and flawed. We all are. But Jackie doesn’t make this book. Not even a little.
Every single reason I love this book revolves around Lucas.
1. He’s this hottie with tattoos and a lip piercing. I’m a big tattoo and piercing girl, so right off the bat, I wanted to like him. Plus, who doesn’t love a bad boy once in a while?
2. He’s an artist. Who doesn’t want to date a guy whose idea of a nice night together is for him to admire you, appreciate your body and your curves, and sketch you? And then make out with you afterwards in your dorm room. Hehe.
3. Lucas is smart! Despite his rough past and hardships, he overcame obstacles and is trying to better himself through education. He’s also employed. Independent man, everyone! A man with brains is pretty hard to resist (I sound like a zombie, don’t I?).
4. He’s an advocate for women and their safety. He volunteers on the weekends to teach women self defense. Wha? I Can’t… Where are the men like this in the real world?! I can’t name a single man I know that volunteers to have his junk kicked on the weekend so that women can feel more empowered.
5. He drives a motorcycle. Everyone knows that driving some type of motorcycle or muscle car is the classic hot guy sign. So even if you didn’t buy it before with his tats and his brains, he drives a motorcycle. So swoon dammit!
6. He sees you to your door. In this world, Lucas isn’t the type of guy that pulls into your driveway and honks the horn, telling you that you need to run outside to meet him right away because his ass is too lazy to bring flowers and himself all the way to your door. No. Lucas will come all the way inside. If you don’t necessarily want him to, he’ll watch you walk to your dorms before driving off on his hot man motorcycle just to make sure you’re safe.
7. He wants to take his time with you. Several times here Lucas has an opportunity to, ahem, go all the way if you know what I mean, and instead opts to stop so that there’s something to look forward to in the future. He doesn’t want to move too fast. He’s not afraid to have you stop him. He may want it but he’s more concerned about you and how comfortable you’re feeling.
8. He’s not afraid to throw down and bust open his knuckles. I don’t know if it’s just the Medieval Literature lover in me, but there’s just something SO hot about a man who is willing to throw down over his woman’s honor or to enforce what’s right. Lucas is not. And he wont even cry about his bused knuckles later. He’ll just tape them up and go to work.
9. He’ll confess that loving you is incredibly easy.
Read this book right now dammit, but don’t you dare fall in love with Lucas. I’ve already called dibs.